Trip Advisory on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Kailash the home to Lord Shiva, the powerful God of Hindu mythology is the knowledge mountain. In the spiritual sense, the inner dimensions, it tells you everything that you need to know about liberation, existence, and creation. Just bring clarity to your perceptions and you will be able to delve within this inexhaustible library.
Mansarovar on the other hand signifies, ‘Consciousness Lake’, the most sacred of its kind throughout the world. It is believed that its waters contain healing properties and you just need to take a dip in its holy water and wash away your sins forever. The distance between both these places is approximately 20 km. The fame of Mansarovar also stems from the fact that it is where the Kalpavriksha -the divine tree of wish fulfillment grows as per mythological beliefs.
Hundreds of pilgrims come here every year via a path extremely difficult for travelling. Added to this is the limitations posed by extreme weather conditions, which makes this trek only ideal for the healthiest people. To ensure that you come here with the right frame of mind and know exactly what you’re getting into, the government has released a detailed Trip Advisory. Here below are the finer points on the same.
- A situation at high altitude coupled with the fact that the route to here traverses through passes at 19,000 feet. This in combination with inhospitable climate and profound atmosphere challenges the human body to the extreme. Naturally, people having diabetes, high BP, breathing difficulties, heart conditions or chest pain are not 100% physically fit are advised not to undertake this grueling journey.
- Knowing the symptoms of mountain sickness is crucial for this trip. General problems include vomiting, nausea, appetite loss, sleeping difficulty, lightheadedness, dizziness, weakness, and fatigue are common. Constant presence of headache along with one or more of the other symptoms all through the trek may lead to life-threatening problems and need quick addressing.
- Proper acclimatization of the body before this trek at high altitude is extremely important. Ideally, it is a 3-phase process with tourists spending three nights at an altitude of 9000 feet and two nights at 15,000 feet and 12,000 feet respectively. Every tour operator must ensure this.
- During the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra you need to forget all about the material comforts that you’re used to back home. The living conditions here are quite primitive and resources are available only at a rudimentary level. Remaining mentally prepared for hard living is a good idea because it makes you ready for all kinds of hardship is that you may face during the trek.
- It is important that you undergo a thorough health checkup from reputed hospitals before booking this tour. Trip advisory recommends the following tests -hemoglobin, DLC, TLC, ESR, Rh-type blood group, serum, blood urea and serum creatinine.
- In case of a medical emergency, it becomes important to airlift the patient to the hospital both in India or Nepal. So, you should make sure that your tour operator provides this facility